DSNMC provides social opportunities for families to foster friendships and offer mutual support through parent meetings, community-based social activities, special events, and educational programs. Most events are provided at no cost to our families and offer activities for a range of interests and ages. Some of our regular events include:
- ArtStream Workshops for Self-Advocates
- Coffee & Conversation
- Grupo Latino for Spanish-speaking families
- Play Groups
- Pool Party
- Summer Picnic
- Washington Nationals Baseball Game
- Winter Dance
- DSNMC provides 3 annual social events that also serve as fundraisers for our organization:
- Annual Awareness Walk, Techniques for Success and Race4Respect™.
For information on upcoming events, please check our Event Calendar.