MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM: SOCIAL CLUB
In a partnership with Art-Stream, DSNMC is offering a “social club” for middle school students (ages 11-14). The “social club” will consist of 8 one hour meetings; with each week focusing on a different social topic. The program is designed in partnership with Art-Stream to teach, support and empower our middle school students with Down syndrome. We seek to increase self-esteem, social competence and communication skills through a wide variety of theater based teaching modules. Space is limited to 12 participants.
Following are topics for each week's one hour session.
1. YOU do You: getting comfortable with ourselves
2. Making healthy friendships
3. Maintaining healthy friendships
4. Social events and how to navigate them
5. Communicating effectively
6. Self-esteem: positive self-talk
7. When things go wrong: coping skills
8. Being our best selves
Registration is $125.00; with scholarships available. No student will be turned away due to the inability to pay.
Please register at the following link: https://forms.gle/nzUwic12RbdAmMBQ7
WHEN: Sunday’s, January 26th-March 22nd (No class on Feb. 16th) from 4-5pm
WHERE: Rockville Presbyterian Church 215 W. Montgomery Ave. Rockville, MD 20850 (park in back of church)